VINCO BAR EXAM COACH
Vinco is on the hunt for high-energy, compassionate, and fun-loving bar exam coaches.
We need 4 coaches for the February and July 2019 bar exams who enjoy working 1:1 with others, who are unwaveringly committed to helping their students pass the bar exam with less stress and more confidence, and who are comfortable assisting others in crisis.
Important things to know:
- Vinco coaches take the bar exam seriously, not themselves. We believe that just because our students have to take the bar exam, doesn’t mean it has to be miserable. We do our very best to take the paralyzingly scary experience of taking the bar exam and make it suck a little less. Basically, have a good attitude, a sense of humor, and strong work ethic, and we’ll all get along just fine.
- You’re not expected to give lectures on substantive areas of law, but you will give students the tools to enable them to learn the law on their own. At times, you will need to have a working knowledge of general concepts to discuss them with students or explain specific practice questions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide student support (academic and mindset) during 1:1 meetings and via e-mail/instant messaging
- Conduct productive 1:1 student meetings
- Teach relevant skills (MBE, MEE, MPT, Time management, Stress management, etc)
- Provide effective, meaningful feedback on essays
- Attend group calls with students and other coaches
- Create individualized daily tasks for students when necessary
- Passed a minimum of 1 bar exam (UBE preferred)
- Willingness to learn the tried and true strategies regarding studying for and passing the bar exam
- Ability to sympathize with students’ situations, offer constructive criticism, and make individualized suggestions for methods of improvement
- Teaching, tutoring, or coaching experience (but if you love the idea of being a bar exam coach and have no experience doing it, apply anyway – we’ll teach you, it is kind of our thing 😉 )
- Ability to extensively quote Harry Potter and/or Parks and Recreation on a moment’s notice
- Make corny law school and bar exam puns (or at least laugh with us when we do)
To apply email the following to Shienna at email@example.com:
- Describe a time you had to help someone through a difficult situation
- The worst/best parts of your personal bar exam experience
- Why you want to be a bar exam coach
- Your resume (cause why not?)